Information about the University Archives collections
The University Archives documents the history of the University at Albany, SUNY from its origin in 1844 as the New York State Normal School to train teachers for New York State to its present status as a comprehensive research university.
The department collects, manages, and provides access to permanent university records for research use. This includes the administrative records of the university, student groups, faculty, alumni, and affiliated organizations. Collecting and preserving university records documents our history and promotes transparency and accountability.
- Student Newspapers Collection
- Vincent J. Schaefer Papers
- Office of the Senior V. P. For Academic Affairs And Provost Records
- Alumni Association Records
- Yearbook Collection
- Office of the President Records
- Faculty Reference Collection
- Alumni Memorabilia Collection
- The Milne School Records
- Allen Collegiate Center Records