Circulation - Videos through ILL to LANE consortium
University at Albany, SUNY Lending of Videos via ILL to Member Institutions of the Latin America North East Libraries Consortium (LANE)
The University at Albany, SUNY will loan videorecordings within its Latin American and Iberian Video Collection via Interlibrary Loan for two-week use at LANE institutions within the United States and Canada. Video recordings in the Latin American and Iberian Video Collection can be found by searching Minerva, the University at Albany’s online catalog ( http://p8991-libms1.albany.edu.libproxy.albany.edu/F/ ): type “Latin American and Iberian Video Collection” in one of the following search types
- Title keywords,
- Title begins with,
The following link will also display the titles in the collection: Latin American and Iberian Video Collection
Video recordings in a series will be loaned one at a time.
Video recordings that meet any of the following exceptions will not be loaned:
- Feature films and titles readily available through public libraries or rental stores
- Video recordings that are on reserve for a course
- Out-of-print or irreplaceable titles
- Video recordings that are heavily used on campus
- Video recordings housed in the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives
- Video recordings with purchase agreements that prohibit lending to other institutions
- Rare video recordings
Exceptions to these guidelines may be made on a case-by-case basis. Please direct questions about this policy to Jesús Alonso-Regalado, Subject librarian for Latin American, Caribbean, and U.S. Latino Studies (518-442-3554; email@example.com ); Kabel Nathan Stanwicks, Head of Access Services (518-442-3578; firstname.lastname@example.org ).
LANE institutions borrowing video recordings from the University at Albany’s Latin American and Iberian Video Collection via Interlibrary Loan must adhere to the following conditions for borrowing:
- Video recordings will be loaned for classroom use with the instructor present or individual research use only
- Copying of video recordings is prohibited
- Video recordings may not be renewed
- Video recordings may be borrowed for up to two weeks.
- Video recordings must be returned to the University at Albany via two-day delivery.
- If a video recording is not returned within 30 days of its due date, the borrowing institution will be billed the cost of replacement.
- Video recordings are subject to recall by the University at Albany Libraries. If an item is recalled, the University at Albany Libraries will notify the borrowing institution, and the borrowing institution must notify the patron. The borrowing institution is responsible for returning recalled video recordings by the recall due date.
Submitting Requests for Titles in the Latin American and Iberian Video Collection
Library patrons at LANE institutions may request video recordings in the University at Albany’s Latin American and Iberian Video Collection through their home institutions Interlibrary Loan department.