Circulation - Renew Items Online in Minerva
How to Renew Your Own Books Using
the Minerva Online Catalog
Library users can renew books using the renewal option available through the Minerva online catalog, either in the library or from their home computer. Please note that the following conditions will BLOCK renewals:
- Borrower owes library fines in excess of $10 [$1 for courtesy borrowers]
- Borrower privileges have expired
- Item has exceeded the number of renewals allowed
- Item has been requested for hold or recall by another user
- Item is overdue
- Item is on reserve
- Item is normally noncirculating and was loaned by special arrangement
- Item borrowed through Interlibrary Loan and must be renewed through ILLiad
- Borrower has library privileges blocked for a reason other than overdue fines.
When any of the conditions above exist, the user is responsible to return the items to the Libraries before the due date; overdue fines will be applied when renewal is not possible due to a condition listed above. Users are responsible to verify that renewals were applied by reviewing the revised due dates of loaned items after the online renewal is made. Users are responsible for renewing or returning their library materials regardless if a courtesy notice of approaching due dates is received.
NOTE TO FACULTY AND PH.D. STUDENTS:
Do not renew your books until the first day of the month in which they are due.
Ph.D. Students: January, May & September.
Instructions for online renewal:
- Access the Minerva Online Catalog at http://minerva.albany.edu/.
- Choose My Library Account: Click on “My Library Account” at the top of the screen.
- Enter Your ID & Password:
Students, Faculty and Staff:
Net ID: NetID
Password: Unix cluster password (same as Unix e-mail, WebMail & WebCT)
Net ID: Barcode on courtesy borrower card (if no barcode, call Circulation, 442-3569)
Password: Barcode verification code (obtained from Circulation, 442-3569)
- Log On: Click "Log On" and you will enter your "Library Card" screen.
TIP: If you are sent back to the main Minerva search screen after entering your NetID and password, then the combination entered was incorrect. Contact ITS for assistance with NetID/password problems or reset your password using the password reset page.
- Choose Loans: Under your name you will see a box with a list of activities. Click on the word "Loans". You will be shown a list of all the items you have checked-out.
* TIP: If you are sent back to the main Minerva search screen after clicking on Loans, try this: Reenter My Library Account, click the Recall Requests link, then click Loans from the horizontal menu, and then select Renew All. There is a known bug that is preventing off-campus users from directly accessing the Loans window. The Libraries are working to correct this problem.
- Renew Items: To renew ALL items: Click on "Renew All" at the top of your items list.
To renew selected items: Click on the number in the box to the left of the item you wish to renew. Then click on the word "Renew" in the loan details box.
- Review Your Loans: Look at your item list and verify the renewal due dates were applied for each item.