Cookie and Browser Information
Please also note that personal firewall software also handles cookies. If you continue to have access problems after configuring your browser to accept cookies, you may also need to look at your firewall's cookie settings.
We support the following browsers for our library website. If you do not have one of these browsers, please upgrade or download a supported version. Please click on one of the browser icons below to see support and cookie instructions.
Internet Explorer 7 - 9
(IE9 gives an optimal experience over IE7/8)
- Choose Tools and then Internet Options
- Click on the Privacy tab
- Under Settings, keep the setting on Medium or lower
- Click OK
- Close Internet Explorer, and open it again. Your browser is now set to accept cookies
Firefox 3.x +
- Choose Tools, then Options
- On the left side of the screen, select Privacy
- Click on the tab labeled "Cookies." Check the box next to "Allow sites to set cookies."
- Click OK
- Close Firefox, and open it again. Your browser is now set to accept cookies
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Options (Preferences on Mac and Linux; Settings on a Chromebook).
- Click the Under the Hood tab.
- Click Content settings in the "Privacy" section.
- Click the Cookies tab in the Content Settings dialog that appears:
- Make sure "Allow local data to be set" is selected to allow both first-party and third-party cookies. If you only want to accept first-party cookies, select the "Block all third-party cookies without exception" checkbox.
Safari v4.x - 5.x
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- From the Security dialog box, click to select "Only from sites I visit".
- Click Close.
Opera v10.x - 11.x
- Click on the "Tools" menu Opera.
- Click Preferences...
- Change to the Advanced tab, and to the cookie section.
- Select "Accept cookies only from the site I visit" or "Accept cookies".
- Ensure "Delete new cookies when exiting Opera" is not checked.
- Click OK.
Android / Apple OS Mobile Support