From its creation in 1849 the Alumni Association has provided fellowship for the school's graduates and service to the school. The Association provides fellowship by maintaining an up-to-date list of its members, their addresses and careers, and by sponsoring reunions where alumni renew old friendships. It provides service in a number of ways: initially by starting the school's first employment bureau, and after 1883, raising funds for special projects including monuments, student loans and scholarships, student housing, and campus buildings. This exhibit is sponsored by the University Libraries' M. E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives.
A mouse click on most images will link to details.
The old Alumni Association logo with Minerva.
[M.E. Grendander Department of Special Collections and Archives Home Page]
[University Libraries Home Page]
*The full exhibit was on display in the Alumni House (June 1999-June 2000) exhibit cases.
Credits: Exhibit curator Geoffrey P. Williams, University Archivist, with assistance from Katherine Chansky, University at Albany School of Information Science and Policiy graduate student. Web page design and composition assistance by Dorothy Christiansen, Head of The M. E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives. Web page design and implementation by Lorre Smith, Librarian for Digital Library Initiatives.
This page is maintained by Lorre Smith
Comments to LSmith@uamail.albany.edu
Updated October 8, 2002