M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives

ARCHIVES OF PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND POLICY

Finding Aid for the
SCHENECTADY LABOR TEMPLE ASSOCIATION

RECORDS, 1912-1977
(APAP-035)

For reference queries contact M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives Reference staff

Finding Aid Compiled by
Geoffrey A. Huth
August 23, 1990

Revised by
Amy C. Schindler
February 2003







M. E. Grenander Department of Special Collections & Archives 
University Libraries / University at Albany / State University of New York 
1400 Washington Avenue / Albany, New York 12222 / (518) 437-3935


VOLUME: .8 cubic ft.

ACQUISITION: All items in this manuscript group were lent to the University Libraries, M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, by the Schenectady Labor Temple Association for preservation photocopying as a part of the Harry Van Arsdale, Jr., Labor History Project. The originals have been returned to the Schenectady Labor Temple Association.

ACCESS: Access to this record group is unrestricted.

COPYRIGHT: The researcher assumes full responsibility for conforming with the laws of copyright. Whenever possible, the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives will provide information about copyright owners and other restrictions, but the legal determination ultimately rests with the researcher. Requests for permission to publish material from this collection should be discussed with the Head of Special Collections and Archives.


TABLE OF CONTENTS

Administrative History

Box and Folder List


Schenectady Labor Temple Association
Administrative History

Back to table of contents

The Schenectady Labor Temple Association was incorporated in 1907 and was primarily interested in the erection and then the management of the Schenectady Labor Temple. The Association has also been involved in promoting labor interests in Schenectady, New York, most obviously through the publication of an annual labor and business directory. The Schenectady Labor Temple was designed by Schenectady architect R. L. Bowen and completed in 1927 on the corner of Clinton and Liberty Streets. The Labor Temple provided office and meeting space for unions throughout eastern New York and extending as far north as the Canadian border.

For additional labor collections in the Department, see the online Labor subject guide at http://library.albany.edu/speccoll/labor.htm.


Schenectady Labor Temple Association
Box and Folder List

Back to table of contents

Box 1
Folder

1. Annual Report of the Utica Labor Temple, 1917
2. Constitution and Bylaws, circa 1940s, 1960s
3. Correspondence with Department of Labor Concerning Labor Temple Construction, 1928
4. Financial Reports, 1966, 1976-1977
5. Labor and Business Directory, 1951-1952, 1956, 1959
6. Minutes, 1912-1915
7. Minutes, 1914-1915
8. Minutes, 1915-1918
9. Minutes, 1918-1921
10. Minutes, 1921-1925
11. Minutes, 1926-1930
12. Minutes, 1930-1940

Box 2
Folder

1. Minutes, 1940-1945
2. Minutes, 1946-1951
3. Minutes, 1952-1958
4. Newsclipping, 1956
5. Roll Book and List of Officers, 1939-1955
6. Yearbooks, 1931, 1940, 1944
7. Yearbooks, 1963-1967


Reference E-mail | Find Collections | Find Other Historical Resources
About the Department | Department Services and Policies
View Exhibits | View Blog
Department Home Page

Last updated March 4, 2003