Writing, Research, and Senior Thesis Resources
Library resources cover a range of topics related to research papers and projects.
• Project timelines
• Thesis statements and argument
• Research methodologies
• Finding appropriate sources of information
• Collecting and analyzing data
• Ethics and plagiarism
• Writing and drafts
• Visually presenting data
For questions of style and grammar
• Consult the standard style guides: Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association [LB 2369 A62X], MLA Handbook for Writers of Research Papers [LB 2369 G53], and other style guide resources for specific disciplines.
• Consult these books for form and grammar: The Chicago Manual of Style [LB 2369 C42X] from the Chicago University Press, Elements of Style [PE 1408 S772] by Strunk and White, and Manual for Writers of Research Papers, Theses, and Dissertations [LB 2369 T8] by Turabian.
• For online citation tools, use Citation Fox (APA or MLA) or one of the citation generations found on the University Libraries Home Page under Online Reference, Citation Help.
Created: January 22, 2014
Maintained by Jean McLaughlin, University at Albany/SUNY