Reference and Research Services Librarian
Temporary Part-Time Position for 2017-2018 academic year
University Libraries -- Reference and Research Services Librarian
The University at Albany Libraries seek an experienced, customer service-oriented reference librarian to work part-time (20 hours per week) at the University Library. Primary responsibilities of this position include providing reference services and basic instruction at the reference desk and via our chat, email, and consultation services. The successful candidate must have the ability to work an evening/weekend schedule (Sunday 12-8; at least two weekday evenings 5-9) when classes are in session, and a different schedule during recesses and intersessions. This position reports to the Head, Reference and Research Services.
This is a one-year, temporary appointment with the possibility of renewal. The position offers health insurance, vacation and sick leave, and other benefits.
Anticipated starting date is August 2017.
- Master’s degree in librarianship from an ALA-accredited program or foreign equivalent
- Experience providing reference services in person and via chat
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong commitment to public service
- Ability to work with a culturally diverse population
- Knowledge of current issues and trends in reference services
- Academic library experience
Interested applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references (include street address, phone number, e-mail address) by August 11, 2017 to:
Head, Reference and Research Services
University Library LI-228
University at Albany
1400 Washington Ave.
Albany, NY 12222
Email applications are also welcome. Send your documents to email@example.com.
Finalists will be asked to submit official transcripts.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
APPLICATIONS NO LONGER ACCEPTED