A. Scholars Archive is an open access public repository that provides free, unrestricted global access to the metadata and files included in it.
- UAlbany respects the rights of the creators of the contents included in Scholars Archive and adheres to copyright law.
- Repository users are expected to comply with copyright law and fair use principles and practices when downloading and using repository materials.
- To verify a publisher’s consent to deposit in an open access institutional repository, check the copyright agreement form for the publication. If the agreement cannot be found, SHERPA/RoMEO contains many scholarly publisher policies regarding permissions for deposit.
- For further information regarding copyright and fair use see the Copyright Library Guide.
- Scholars Archive will retain the un-redacted integrity of deposited items.
- No associated or linked parts of deposited items will be deleted for copyright reasons provided they are in compliance with fair use best practices.
B. Individuals who deposit content in UA Scholars Archive agree to the following
- A non-exclusive distribution and preservation license giving UA the right to translate submissions to any medium or format and make copies of submissions for the purposes of security, back-up and/or preservation.
- Affirmation that the item is their original work, that they have the right to grant the rights contained in the Memorandum of Agreement, that the submission does not contain any confidential, proprietary or personally identifiable information, that the information about the submission is accurate, and that there are no required embargos on distribution.
C. Objections to materials in the repository for reasons of copyright
- Requests to remove materials from Scholars Archive for reasons of copyright violations may be sent to the repository manager.
- Complaints must include a written statement that describes the reason for the objection in depth.
- The repository manager will respond to objections within 30 days.