I. Responsibilities of the University at Albany Libraries
- The University at Albany Libraries will facilitate submissions by:
- Providing consoltation and instruction on metadata creation.
- Assisting depositors with submissions as staff resources permit.
- Notifying content contributors about significant changes to repository operations, policies, and procedures.
- The University at Albany Libraries will review all submissions for compliance with established policies and guidelines in order to ensure consistency of the IR and facilitate discoverablility.
- The University at Albany Libraries will maintain the repository by:
- Moving, removing and/or merging collections when necessary
- Reviewing the repository’s structure, metadata, policies and guidelines and changing and/or amending them as necessary
- Monitoring storage capacity and allocations
- Preserving content by migrating it to new formats and platforms to avoid obsolescence
II. Responsibilities of Content Depositors
- Content depositors will provide the following descriptive metadata for each item deposited:
- Type of resource
- Keywords that describe the content
- Name of funder and grant numbers, if applicable
- In addition to the metadata in IX. A, depositors of data sets will provide a “readme” file that includes:
- List of software, including version, used to produce, render, and compress the data (where applicable)
- Contents of the submitted dataset, i.e., file names, formats and sizes of each file
- A brief description of the study for which the data were collected
- A description of the methods used to collect the data
- Descriptions of the types of data included in the set (e.g. raw/unanalyzed, processed/analyzed, rendered/visualized)
- Citation and acknowledgement information if the data were generated by the depositor’s collaborator(s)
- A link to original data file for data sets derived from other work