Technology - Printing Services
Library Technology Services - Printers
LabMaps is now up and running!
These maps show the public computers (the ITS-managed "Info Commons" computers) in all three libraries-- and indicate which computers are available. To check on location of rooms, please look at Where are the PC's.
General printing help: http://library.albany.edu/services/sunycard/
Black and white printers - all libraries
- Uniprint networked printing, 10¢ per page with SUNYCard
- Paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14; no transparencies
- Users can pick up print jobs at any of the Uniprint stations in an individual library
Locations of Uniprint stations
- University Library:
- Information Commons on first floor: four stations on the first floor north side (to the right of the circulation desk)
- Basement in the Interactive Media Center, one station
- Science Library: four on the First Level: three in SL 152 Information Commons, one in the Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
- Dewey Library: main level, lower level
For more information on UNIPrint and Wireless printing services, please visit the UNIPrint and wireless printing page
- Users must select color printing at the computer. There is one printer in each library to pick up the print job:
- University Library, basement in the Interactive Media Center: one color printer, 50¢ per page with SUNYCard; you may bring your own paper if specifically for color laser printing; only supports paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
- Science Library, First Level, one color printer in the Information Commons SL 152, 50¢ per page with SUNYCard
- Dewey Library: main level, 50¢ per page with SUNYCard
Black and white copiers - all libraries
- Copying 10¢ per page with SUNYCard
- Each library has a SUNYCard Terminal for adding money directly to a SUNYCard
- Each library has a copier that also takes coins: University Library basement, Science Library Level Two, Dewey Library main floor
- Paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
- Double sided copying
- All machines zoom, enlarge and reduce
- University Library: First floor, Periodicals in basement
- Science Library: one on the First level, two on the Second Level
- Dewey Library: main level, lower level
There are no color copiers, but users can scan an item and print on a color printer.
The Libraries do not offer a copy service. However, if a user has registered for library services for persons with disabilities, library staff in the University Library will assist with photocopying of materials on request. For more information, view the Library Services for Persons with Disabilities .
ME Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, New Library Building: The staff will make photocopies for affiliated researchers at 10¢ per page, microfilm copies at 15¢ per page, and can arrange for photographic copies, or other reproductions. Staff will determine if an item can be photocopied without damage to the original item. For a complete list of fees, consult Department staff.
There are two ways to purchase printing/copies at the libraries:
SUNYCard Podium Account:
To use your SUNYCard to purchase prints/photocopies, you must have Podium Account funds on your card. You can add Podium Account funds by going:
- Online to GET: SUNYCard Online Services with a credit card;
- In person at the SUNYCard Office (Campus Center B-52) with cash, check or credit card; or
- At the Podium Value Card terminals (referenced below) with cash in the amount of $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills. Instructions are available at the terminal. Please note that terminals do not provide cash back. These funds will be available as Podium Accounts funds and can be used for printing/copying as well as any other venue that accepts Podium funds (e.g., vending, dining locations, and the bookstore).
Podium Value Card:
The Podium Value Card terminal is a debit card system located at each library. The self-service terminal sells $1 Podium Value Cards (valued at $0) for non-affiliated users or for those that do not have access to their SUNYCard at the time of purchase.
You will need to reinsert the card in the lower left slot to add funds to the card. Decide how much funds you want to add to the card and insert that amount of money in the machine. The machine will accept a $1, $5, $10, or $20 bills. Please note that terminals do not provide cash back.
It is your responsibility to operate the terminal properly. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. The library cannot refund money. You will need to visit the SUNYCard Office if money is lost in the Podium Value Card terminal. SUNYCard cannot refund money for $1 Podium Value Cards that were purchased in error.
- Rapid Copy Center - Business Administration B26A
Rapid Copy Center has a fee-based print and photocopy service. Rapid Copy can print up to 11x17.
- Office of Communications and Marketing – University Hall 203
The Office of Communications and Marketing will produce (design and print) posters. The cost is based on size. For more information, contact call/email (518) firstname.lastname@example.org