The Campus Buildings Historical Tour identifies and describes University at Albany, SUNY, buildings in 2003 located on the Uptown Campus, the Downtown Campus, the Health Sciences Campus (then the East Campus), and Alumni Quadrangle. It also includes information about University buildings that no longer exist, from the University's first temporary building located at 115-121 State Street, 1844-1849, to the Willett Street Building destroyed by fire in January 1906. Descriptions of each of the buildings includes the date of construction, architect, cost, use, and biographical information about the person or persons for whom it is named. The tour of the Uptown Campus is currently under development.
The tour's text was compiled by Geoffrey P. Williams, University Archivist, and the web pages were designed by Daniel P. Brennan, a School of Information Science undergraduate student. For further information about the buildings contact the University Archives.