Collections listed by subject
Quantity: 0.75 cubic ft. (about 0.75 boxes)
The American Association of University Professors Records document the activities of the Albany Chapter from 1944 to 1974.
Quantity: 5.9 cubic ft. (about 5.9 boxes)
These records document the history of the Albany Branch of the American Association of University Women from 1913 - 1992. The records relate chiefly to women's issues; particularly higher education, general education, membership, international relations, legislation, World War II, employment, teaching, community projects and Albany, NY.
Quantity: 22.5 cubic ft. (about 22.5 boxes)
An early organization representing higher education before the Legislature and the Executive in Albany, as well as the Federal Government in Washington D.C.
Quantity: 5.95 cubic ft. (about 5.95 boxes)
Donald M. Blinken was chairman of the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York from 1978-1990. These records pertain to his tenure in that position.
Quantity: 2.3 cubic ft. (about 2.3 boxes)
The Business and Professional Women's Club of Albany, New York, (BPW) was founded in 1934 with 22 charter members as a chapter of the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of New York State, Inc. (founded in 1919) and a member of the National Federation of Business and Professional Women's Clubs, Inc. The objectives of the club, according to its by-laws, were "To elevate the standards for women in business and in the professions; To promote the interests of business and professional women; To bring about a spirit of cooperation among business and professional women of the United States; [and] To extend opportunities to business and professional women through education along lines of industrial, scientific, and vocational activities."
Quantity: 3.99 cubic ft. (about 3.99 boxes)
These records document the history of the Business and Professional Women's Clubs of New York State, Inc.
Quantity: 43.2 cubic ft. (about 43.2 boxes)
These records document the history of the Business and Professional Women's Club of Schenectady, NY.
Quantity: 2.29 cubic ft. (about 2.29 boxes)
Campus Action was formed in April of 1992 as a multi-cultural, multi-issue organization with a mission to promote activism and support activist organizations on university campuses in New Yorks Capital Region.
Quantity: 0.17 cubic ft. (about 0.17 boxes)
This collection contains newsletters from the Capital Area Microcomputer Society from 1986-1999.
Quantity: 5 cubic ft. (about 5 boxes)
CASDA is cooperative organization among public and private schools and the University at Albany’s School of Education to facilitate programs for school employees.
Quantity: 0.17 cubic ft. (about 0.17 boxes)
The Caucus on Women's Rights at SUNY was organized in Syracuse, New York in June 1970. Includes newsletters, position statements, and other records of the Caucus and the University of Albany chapter. The issues addressed by the Caucus included equal compensation and benefits, affirmative action, parental leave, health and retirement benefits, various student concerns, and parttime employment.
Communications Workers of America (CWA), Local 1104, Education Division
Records, 1969-2001(bulk 1983-1999)
Quantity: 17.0 cubic ft. (about 17.0 boxes)
The Education Division of Communication Workers of America, Local 1104 represents "employees eligible for union membership who are employed as: graduate students holding State-funded positions as Graduate Assistants or Teaching Assistants employed by the State University of New York." The collection includes news clippings, contracts, photographs, administrative records, as well as ephemera such as t-shirts, buttons, hats, and cup holders.
Quantity: 1.0 cubic ft. (about 1.0 boxes)
The Conference of Large City Boards of Education Records include some of the day-to-day operations of the Special Task Force on Equity and Excellence in Education as documented through files kept by Eugene Samter, Executive Director of the Conference. The collection also includes Samter's testimony from the 1976 Levittown vs. Nyquist case argued before the New York State Supreme Court.
Quantity: 1.2 cubic ft. (about 1.2 boxes)
Gloria DeSole served as senior adviser to the President for Affirmative Action and Employment Planning and Director of Affirmative Action (1982-2000) at the University at Albany, SUNY before retiring in 2000. DeSole began working at the University in 1976 as associate director of the Affirmative Action Office. Prior to that she was an English professor at Skidmore College. DeSole earned bachelor's and Ph.D. degrees from the University at Albany and earned a master's degree from Columbia University. The collection includes materials related to the women's movement with an emphasis on the Capital Region of New York. DeSole collected material related to projects in Albany, speeches, and publications.
Quantity: 9.34 cubic ft. (about 9.34 boxes)
The School of Education has its origins as the academic unit of the State Normal School in 1844. It remained a core part of the curriculum of the State College for Teachers (1914-1959) and continued after the 1960s as an academic school within a large public research university.
Quantity: 10.39 cubic ft. (about 10.39 boxes)
The Martin Fausold Papers documents Fausold's involvement in in the Faculty Association of the State University of New York and his two-decade long Oral History of SUNY Project.
Quantity: 0.5 cubic ft. (about 0.5 boxes)
The collection includes materials related to the women's issues with a particular emphasis on the University at Albany, SUNY. Records of particular interest are those of Albany Women Against Rape, Capital District Women, and the Caucus on Women's Rights at SUNY. Also included are issues of the publication <emph render="italic">The Spokeswoman</emph> (1971-1981).
Quantity: 3.66 cubic ft. (about 3.66 boxes)
This collection contains some administrative materials related to the running of the school, as well as information on class reunions, and copies of the yearbook Bricks and Ivy.
Quantity: 4.34 cubic ft. (about 4.34 boxes)
The Samuel B. Gould Papers document his personal life as well as his many professional positions in education, including his tenure as chancellor of the State University of New York.
Quantity: 3 cubic ft. (about 3 boxes)
Office papers of education and literacy scholar Judith Langer who directed the Center on English Learning and Achievement (CELA).
Quantity: 31.47 cubic ft. (about 31.47 boxes)
The records of the League of Women Voters of Albany County (LWVAC), include material produced by the LWVAC as well as material that was produced by the League of Women Voters of New York State and the League of Women Voters of the United States. The most comprehensive series in the collection is the Administrative Files. There are meeting minutes, annual reports, and Board of Directors lists from 1940-2001. A large portion of the LWVAC collection relates to the two main purposes of the organization: voter service and "study and action." Records relating to voter service include pamphlets with information about candidates and citizen voting rights published by the LWVAC and material used to increase voter participation. Records related to "study and action" include material used by the LWVAC to inform citizens about public policy issues locally, statewide, and nationally. A strength of the LWVAC collection is the amount of material related to various public policy issues and how they affected the local community.
Quantity: 9.03 cubic ft. (about 9.03 boxes)
The League of Women Voters of Rensselaer County Records documents the political and social activities of the chapter since its founding in 1939.
Quantity: 4.2 cubic ft. (about 4.2 boxes)
Founded in 1920, the League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization that informs citizens about government, encourages their participation, and seeks to influence public policy through education and advocacy. One of nearly 60 local leagues in New York State, the League of Women Voters of Saratoga County (formerly the League of Women Voters, Saratoga Springs Area) formed in early 1965. This collection documents the operation and activities of this local league from its founding through 2010.
Quantity: 10.4 cubic ft. (about 10.4 boxes)
This collection contains records of the League of Women Voters, Schenectady County.
Quantity: 7 cubic ft. (about 7 boxes)
History Professor and activist for unionism, this collection contains correspondence and rsearch files on Harry F. Ward, American medical history, and other subjects.
Quantity: 2.26 cubic ft. (about 2.26 boxes)
The Henry S. Manley Papers contain materials related to Manley's legal career, research materials related to Native American issues (including material used for Manley's book <emph render="italic">The Treaty of Fort Stanwix, 1784</emph>), and some of his personal papers.
Quantity: 0.66 cubic ft. (about 0.66 boxes)
The Freda R. H. Martens Papers contain reports and papers about her work in higher education in both California and New York.
Quantity: 12 cubic ft. (about 12 boxes)
Papers written by John J. Mather from 1965 to 1996
Quantity: 8 cubic ft. (about 8 boxes)
Miles served fifteen years as a top level administrator at the Federal Security Agency and the Department of Health Education and Welfare.
Quantity: 32.44 cubic ft. (about 32.44 boxes)
This collection contains materials from the Milne School related to administrative activities from faculty and staff, as well as records pertaining to student activities from various clubs and publications.
Quantity: 55 cubic ft. (about 55 boxes)
The records in this collection document Frank Moore's career as a New York State public servant. They consist primarily of the records of Moore's service in various elected and appointed positions.
Quantity: 4.0 cubic ft. (about 4.0 boxes)
This collections documents the day-to-day activities of the New York Association of School Psychologists (NYASP).
Quantity: 18.54 cubic ft. (about 18.54 boxes)
The papers of Joseph Persico focus on his careers as a full-time author and as a political speechwriter for New York State Commissioner of Health, Hollis Ingraham, and New York State Governor, Nelson Rockefeller.
Quantity: 0.33 cubic ft. (about 0.33 boxes)
This collection contains the papers of Hans Rosenhaupt.
Quantity: 40 cubic ft. (about 40 boxes)
Born in Leavenworth, Kansas, Schein was a pioneer in the development of educational television and radio in New York State. During graduate study at Boston University, he became active in fundraising to help establish Boston's educational television station, WGBH and served on the Massachusetts Citizens Committee on Educational Television. In 1955, Schein came to Schenectady and served as associate producer and first president of the Mohawk-Hudson Council on Educational Television, where he produced instructional programs for in-school use broadcast over WRGB-TV. Schein led the effort to launch the second public television station in New York State, Schenectady's WMHT in 1962, and was executive director and later general manager. He was instrumental in the addition of the all classical music radio station WMHT-FM in 1972 and the Radio Information Service (RISE), a radio reading service for the blind and print handicapped in 1978. He retired in 1986 as general manager, after concluding negotiations for the acquisition of Channel 45, WMHQ. The collection contains newsletters, programs and schedules, meeting minutes, photographs, and Schein's files as president of Mohawk-Hudson Council on Educational Television, and files as executive director and general manager of WMHT.
Quantity: 6 Reels
The City Teachers Association of Schenectady was founded in 1918 to promote standards of professionalism in teaching. The group was chartered as a union, the Schenectady Federation of Teachers, in 1944. Local 803 went on strike in 1975 in violation of the NYS Taylor Law. The local is affiliated with New York State United Teachers, American Federation of Teachers.
Quantity: 86.56 cubic ft. (about 86.56 boxes)
The Ronald B. Stafford Papers document Stafford's service as a New York State Senator representing the 45th District.
Quantity: 0.88 cubic ft. (about 0.88 boxes)
A public benefit corporation formed to plan, design, construct and provide financing for facilities required by the SUNY system.
Quantity: 6.4 cubic ft. (about 6.4 boxes)
State University of New York, Borad of Trustees Records document the activities of all of the State University of New York campus statewide from
Quantity: 6.0 cubic ft. (about 6.0 boxes)
The University Faculty Senate was created to centralize and govern all of the colleges throughout the SUNY system. This is an artificial collection assembled from the records held by University at Albany, SUNY representatives.
Quantity: 17.5 cubic ft. (about 17.5 boxes)
This collection documents the activities of the Student Association of the State University of New York from its founding in 1970 hrough its first decade of existence.
Quantity: 18.84 cubic ft. (about 18.84 boxes)
The Norman Studer Papers document his career as both an educator and ardent Catskill folklorist. The collection includes significant material relating to his work as director of the Downtown Community School in New York City and Camp Woodland in the Catskills.
Quantity: 0.2 cubic ft. (about 0.2 boxes)
This collection is made up of materials created by a task force devoted to ensuring the university was in compliance with the Regionalization of the New York school system.
Quantity: 4 cubic ft. (about 4 boxes)
A joint federal and state grant-funded program to implement competency-based teacher education (CBTE) and develop a statewide collaborative system of support for additional CBTE efforts.
Quantity: 0.83 cubic ft. (about 0.83 boxes)
United University Professions (UUP) is the union and collective bargaining agent for the faculty and non-teaching professionals of the State University of New York (SUNY). UUP (initially named SUNY/United) was created by the 1973 merger of the Senate Professional Association (SPA) and the State University Federation of Teachers (SUFT).
Quantity: 2.73 cubic ft. (about 2.73 boxes)
The UUP Oral History Project's intent was to capture the history of the UUP as well as its predecessors through interviews with union executives and members.
Quantity: 161.17 cubic ft. (about 161.17 boxes)
The records of United University Professions (UUP) document the activities of the union and collective bargaining agent for the faculty and non-teaching professionals of the State University of New York. They begin in the 1960s with UUP's antecedents, the State University Professional Association (SUPA) and the Senate Professional Association (SPA), and continue through June 2000 for the materials produced by UUP's Communications Department, and through May 1993 for most other series.
Quantity: 11.45 cubic ft. (about 11.45 boxes)
This collection is predominantly composed of Ernest van den Haag’s publications from 1950-2000, including articles in published form, drafts, and related correspondence.
Quantity: 14.9 cubic ft. (about 14.9 boxes)
This collection details the social activism of Malcolm Willison in New York State's Capital Region. As an active board member of several local groups, his papers contain minutes, financial statements and budgets, programming ideas, brochures, planning notes, articles and reports, and clippings that detail the evolution of the various organizations contained in the collection. Organizational newsletters and event flyers, course and conference information planned by Willison in his capacity on executive boards, and vast amounts of correspondence about any number of events and issues are also part of the scope of the collection.
Quantity: 20.21 cubic ft. (about 20.21 boxes)
The collection documents the history of the YWCA of Albany, which was founded in 1888 by a group of women led by Mrs. Acors Rathbun in order to provide housing and recreational activities for young women searching for work. Through the years, the organization expanded to include classes, childcare, athletics, essay contests, teen issue programs, and an annual awards dinner honoring women. Strengths include the extensive photographic material and meeting minutes from the board of trustees and directors. The collection is weakest at the beginning and end of the YWCA of Albany's existence.