Architecture

Collections listed by subject

Quantity: 0.75 cubic ft. (about 0.75 boxes)

The Albany County Civic Center Collection documents the policy decisions that went into planning an arena in downtown Albany. Originally named the Knickerbocker Arena, it was later known as the Pepsi Arena and the Times Union Center.

Quantity: 1.37 cubic ft. (about 1.37 boxes)

This collection contains planning documents used in the development and construction of the University at Albany, SUNY's Uptown campus.

Quantity: 0.3 cubic ft. (about 0.3 boxes)

The collection documents the City Club of Albany and primarily contains organizational records from 1957-1959, mainly concerned with issues of the Citizen's Platform. The collection is composed chiefly of files retained by Harriet D. Adams as vice president of the club when it was particularly interested in urban planning.

Quantity: 5.05 cubic ft. (about 5.05 boxes)

Concerned Citizens Against Crossgates (CCAC) was organized as an informal group opposed to the construction of the Pyramid Crossgates mall in the summer of 1979.

Quantity: 5.33 cubic ft. (about 5.33 boxes)

Materials relating to the application of the Pyramid Crossgates Company to the New York State DEC and DOT for permits to build the Crossgates Regional Shopping Mall in the Albany Pine Bush.

Quantity: 270 captures

The collection consists of inactive records from the University at Albany's Driector of the Physical Plant. Records document maintinence work for campus buildings, mostly for the 1980s.

Quantity: 0.33 cubic ft. (about 0.33 boxes)

The Environmental Decisions Commission has developed a policy base for decisions on matters relating to the environmental health quality of the university. They have dealt with many environmental issues on campus including traffic control, composting, recycling paper and more.

Quantity: 12 cubic ft. (about 12 boxes)

Papers written by John J. Mather from 1965 to 1996

Quantity: 60 cubic ft. (about 60 boxes)

The collection documents the professional life of photographer and journalist Fritz Neugass.

Quantity: 1.0 cubic ft. (about 1.0 boxes)

This collection contains the Preservation League of New York State’s official newsletters, annual reports, materials for and from its annual awards ceremony, correspondence, various publications and manuals created by its members, grant materials, directories of members and preservation programs and organizations, and a timeline of the Preservation League’s history ranging from 1975-2002.

Quantity: 7.0 cubic ft. (about 7.0 boxes)

Subject files largely consisting of retained records of local organizations dedicated to preserving Albany, New York historic neighborhoods and architecture as well as the Pine Bush.

Quantity: 0.88 cubic ft. (about 0.88 boxes)

A public benefit corporation formed to plan, design, construct and provide financing for facilities required by the SUNY system.

Quantity: 18.84 cubic ft. (about 18.84 boxes)

The Norman Studer Papers document his career as both an educator and ardent Catskill folklorist. The collection includes significant material relating to his work as director of the Downtown Community School in New York City and Camp Woodland in the Catskills.

Quantity: 0.17 cubic ft. (about 0.17 boxes)

The Grant Van Patten Papers contain a news conference, news clippings, and a script relating to Van Patten's documentary <emph render="italic">The South Mall in Albany: Hoax or Hope?</emph>

Quantity: 23 cubic ft. (about 23 boxes)

The Alfred Werner Papers contain typescripts of his writings on artists and art topics, as well as a small amount of correspondence, student papers, notes and research materials used for his writing. Werner’s main focus was on Jewish art and artists.