Rules For Using Materials in the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives
- All visitors to the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and
Archives' Marcia Brown Research Room are required to sign in upon arrival.
Access and use of Special Collections and Archives material is available under
supervision in the Marcia Brown Research Room during posted hours. The staff
will retrieve materials for all researchers and items that circulate must
be checked out at the Research Room desk.
- Handle all books and manuscripts with care. Do not disturb the filing order
of manuscripts, or write on anything placed on top of a book or manuscript.
Leave all Special Collections and Archives materials in the Research Room
when you leave.
- Please turn off all cell phones. If you need to use a cell phone please
leave the Research Room.
- Use a laptop, pencil, and notepaper or cards to take notes. If you need
them, ask a member of the staff for a pencil and paper.
- The staff will make photocopies for unaffiliated researchers at 10 cents per
page, microfilm copies at 15 cents per page, and can arrange for photographic
copies, or other reproductions. Staff will determine if an item can be photocopied
without damage to the original item. For a complete list of fees, consult
- Users seeking to publish or reproduce either published or unpublished materials
held in Special Collections and Archives must secure permission from those
legally entitled to claim such rights under U.S. Copyright Law including the
University Library. For additional information, consult the Department's Permission
to Publish and Copyright Notice pages.
- The University Libraries assume no responsibility for the failure of a user
to investigate and secure literary or reproduction rights to materials in
collections. Users should use the credit line "Reproduced courtesy of
the M.E. Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, University
at Albany Libraries."
Last updated August 11, 2006