Circulation - How to Recall
How to Recall Items Through the Minerva Online Catalog
Instructions for recalls:
- Access the Minerva Online Catalog. Search for the library item you want. If the item is on loan, you may recall the item. Items on loan have a date due in the Status column. [Some items are ineligible for recall; see Recall Services for details.]
- Click the Recall this item option.
- Enter your NetID/Barcode to identify yourself and to enter My Library Account.
- If you are dumped immediately back to the main search screen, then your NetID/password or Barcode/password combination were incorrect. Try again or go to My Library Account Help.
- From the Create Recall Request window:
- Choose the pick-up/delivery location [University, Science, or Dewey Libraries].
- Enter the date the item is not needed after, such as end of semester [default is six months from current date].
- Click Go button.
- Check for the confirmation message at the top of the screen ("Your recall request was received.")
- The current borrower will receive a notice indicating the item has been recalled and must be returned within fourteen days.
- You will receive a notice when the item is returned and available for pickup. Items will be held for ten days.
Deleting recall requests:
Users are limited to ten active recall requests. To delete pending requests if no longer needed:
- Access the Minerva Online Catalog.
- Select My Library Account and log on. [For instructions on accessing My Library Account, go to the My Library Account Help page.]
- Select the Recall Requests option.
- Click the underlined number next to the recall request you wish to delete.
- Scroll to the bottom of the request details screen.
- Click the Delete button. Caution: there is no Undo option!