Technology - Computers / Workstations
Library Technology Services - Computers and Workstations
LabMaps is now up and running!
These maps show the public computers (the ITS-managed "Info Commons" computers) in all three libraries-- and indicate which computers are available. To check on location of rooms, please look at Where are the PC's.
Word processing available
- Information Commons:
- New book reading area: 10 stations (Online 80 - Online 87, OPAC#3, OPAC#4). Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Roxio CD/DVD burner, PowerDVD, Windows Movie Maker, various media players, NotePad and WordPad
- Interactive Media Center: Macintosh and Windows platforms support digital image editing, web applications, audio and video editing, PowerPoint, and more ... Equipment available for capturing, editing, recording and creating usable digital formats.
- LI-B29 and LI-B30 are available for 1 person to use. Keys are loaned to patrons with borrowing privileges at the Interactive Media Center desk. The rooms may be reserved in person at the Interactive Media Center desk or by contacting the IMC. See: http://library.albany.edu/imc/contact/ Each room is equipped with a Windows 7 computer and webcam. Some of the applications that are installed for recording and communicating include: Adobe Captivate, Audacity, Google Hangout, Microsoft Movie Maker, Skype for Business, Skype, and Video Call Recording for Skype.
CD-ROM Workstations (no network access)
First Floor, reading area outside LI-104: Stand-alone A & Stand-alone B
- Access to reference CD-ROMs, including Census CD, Women's Indicators and Statistics, and World Bank Africa 2000. A complete list is posted near the terminals. CDs should be requested at the reference desk.
First Floor, reading area outside LI-126: Stand-alone C
- Access to United States Depository Census CD-ROMs that run in DOS. Includes the 1990 Census data for blocks. CDs should be requested at the reference desk.
Information Commons SL 152
- First Level: (69 workstations) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the complete ITS software suite.
Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
- First Level: (29 workstations) Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and the complete ITS software suite.
CD-ROM Workstations (no network access)
- First Level: 4 workstations on the east side of the Information Commons with variable configurations including Science Citation Index, SciFinder Scholar, ACM Electronic Guide to Computing Literature, Meteorological and Geophysical Abstracts, Statistical Theory and Methods Abstracts, McGraw-Hill Science and Technical Reference Set, Science Magazine, New England Journal of Medicine, American Medical Association journals.
- First level: 4 workstations near Current Periodicals Room; second level: 6 workstations in a group study area; lower level: 8 workstations.
- 15 Information Commons PCs fully equipped with University ITS Software
- Workstation in Microforms Area: Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, various media players, Adobe Acrobat Reader, NotePad, Software for students with disabilities: Kurzweil 1000, Dragon Speaking Naturally 9.0, JAWS
- 12 Library PCs equipped with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, various media players, Adobe Acrobat Reader, NotePad, PCs 5-12 have SSH File Transfer Client
The Libraries offer TV/VCR/DVD/CD players for media playback.
- University Library, basement: several workstations outside the Current Periodicals Reading Room, including:
- VHS workstations; including one that plays all formats including PAL, SECAM, etc.
- DVD workstations that play any format NTSC, PAL, DVD-R, etc., from all regions of the world
- Laser disk players
- Science Library, First Level: Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
- Dewey Library, main floor: one workstation