SPWD - Directions
Handicapped Access to and from the University LibraryBack to Services to Persons with Disabilities page
Access to the Library from the Collins Circle Visitor's parking lot:
- Enter the Academic Podium between the Arts & Sciences Building and
the Fine Arts Building. There are ramps on either end of stairs leading to the Podium.
- The Library is on the west end Podium closest to the bell tower at the reflecting pool.
Escorted access from the Library to the
lecture center area Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm:
- Request assistance from staff at a service point within the library. Provide time for staff to arrange to accompany you.
- Staff will escort you through the staff-only Technical Services area and into the courtyard outside the Advisement Services Center and Academic Support Services.
- Enter the main corridor leading to the lecture center area. Power-assisted doors and ramps provide accessibility from the courtyard.
- Directly in front of the stairs, turn left into a short corridor. Take the elevator down to the lecture center level.
Access from the Library to the lecture center area during non-business hours:
- Exit the Library through the main entrance.
- Access to the lecture center area is available from many academic buildings through the tunnels. If unfamiliar with these routes, then follow the instructions below:
- Cross the podium to the Performing Arts Center at the east end of the pool.
- Enter the Performing Arts Building first floor lobby, turn left, and take the elevator down to the basement level.
- Proceed through the elevator lobby, turn right, and take the second elevator down to the Lecture Center.
Access to the Library from the lecture center area:
- Access to the Library is available ONLY through the Library main entrance on the Podium level.
- From the lecture center, locate the elevator directly in front of the Performing Arts Center, just past LC 12.
- Take the elevator to level B. Exit the elevator, follow the corridor and take a left toward the theatre.
- Take the second elevator up to Level 1 (Podium Level).
- Cross the Podium to the Library.
- Other routes using the tunnel system connecting academic buildings may also be available.