Connecting People with Information
The University Libraries strengthen and enhance the teaching, research and service of the University at Albany. The Libraries promote intellectual growth and creativity by developing collections, facilitating access to information resources, teaching the effective use of information resources and critical evaluation skills and offering research assistance.
The University Libraries are engaged in learning and discovery as essential participants in the educational community. We develop, organize, provide access to and preserve materials to meet the needs of present and future generations of students and scholars. We explore and implement innovative technologies and services to deliver information and scholarly resources conveniently to users anytime/anyplace. We also provide well-equipped and functional physical spaces where students can pursue independent learning and discovery outside the classroom. The University Libraries support scholarship and research productivity and foster their vitality.
- We recognize users as our primary focus.
- We are innovative and proactive.
- We support self-education, learning, research and scholarship.
- We foster cooperation by sharing resources via local, national, and international networks.
- We promote equity of access to information.
- We value diversity.
- We respect user privacy.
- We defend intellectual freedom.
- We develop our human resources and support continuous professional development.
- We aspire to be a flexible and experimental organization that encourages innovation and staff collaboration.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Statement
Academic Libraries within the State University of New York system embrace the responsibility of curating spaces, providing services and resources that support our communities equitably, and foster belonging. In keeping with SUNY's Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion mission, SUNY Libraries are committed to continually raising cultural awareness, sustaining transformation, and working to "champion initiatives that support individual expression."