Black and white printers - all libraries
- Uniprint networked printing, 5¢ per page with UAlbany ID Card
- Paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14; no transparencies
- Users can pick up print jobs at any of the Uniprint stations in an individual library
Locations of Uniprint stations
- First Floor in Information Commons, five stations: 3 black & white on the north side (to the right of the circulation desk), 2 black & white on the south side (to the left of the circulation desk)
- Basement in the Innovate Make Create center, one two stations: one black & white and one color
- First Level, five stations: three black & white and one color in SL 152 Information Commons, one black & white in the Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
Dewey Graduate Library:
- Main Level, two stations: one black & white and one color
- Basement, one station: one black & white
For more information on UNIPrint and Wireless printing services, please visit the UNIPrint and wireless printing page
- Users must select color printing at the computer. There is one color printer in each library to pick up the print job:
- University Library, basement in the Innovate Make Create center: one color printer, 50¢ per page with UAlbany ID Card. The printer supports paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
- Science Library, First Level, one color printer in the Information Commons SL 152, 50¢ per page with UAlbany ID Card
- Dewey Library: main level, 50¢ per page with UAlbany ID Card
Black and white copiers - all libraries
- Copying 5¢ per page with UAlbany ID Card
- Each library has a UAlbany ID Card Terminal for adding money directly to a UAlbany ID Card
- Each library has a copier that also takes coins: University Library First Floor North, Science Library Podium Level, Dewey Library main floor
- Paper output size 8.5 x 11 and 8.5 x 14
- Double sided copying
- All machines zoom, enlarge and reduce
- University Library: First floor
- Science Library: Podium Level
- Dewey Library: main level, lower level
There are no color copiers, but users can scan an item and print on a color printer.
The Libraries do not offer a copy service. However, if a user has registered for library services for persons with disabilities, library staff will assist with photocopying of materials on request. For more information, view the Library Services for Persons with Disabilities page.
ME Grenander Department of Special Collections and Archives, Staff will create photocopies or pdf scans for in-person researchers and can arrange for other reproductions. There may be a fee for this service. Staff will determine if an item can be reproduced without damage to the original item. Restricted materials may not be reproduced in any form. For a complete list of fees, consult Department staff.
Pay for Copying/Printing
There are two ways to purchase printing/copies at the libraries:
UAlbany ID Card (Podium Account):
To use your UAlbany ID Card to purchase prints/photocopies, you must have Podium Account funds on your card. You can add Podium Account funds by going:
- Online via www.UAlbanyID.com or the Mobile ID app
- In person at the UAlbany ID Card Office (Campus Center B-52) with cash, check or credit card; or
- At the UAlbany ID Card terminals (referenced below) with cash in the amount of $1, $5, $10 or $20 bills. Instructions are available at the terminal. Please note that terminals do not provide cash back. These funds will be available as Podium Accounts funds and can be used for printing/copying as well as any other venue that accepts Podium funds (e.g., vending, dining locations, and the bookstore).
Podium Value Card:
The UAlbany ID Card terminal is a debit card system located at each library. The self-service terminal sells $1 Podium Value Cards (valued at $0) for non-affiliated users or for those that do not have access to their UAlbany ID Card at the time of purchase.
You will need to reinsert the card in the lower left slot to add funds to the card. Decide how much funds you want to add to the card and insert that amount of money in the machine. The machine will accept a $1, $5, $10, or $20 bills. Please note that terminals do not provide cash back.
It is your responsibility to operate the terminal properly. READ ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. The library cannot refund money. You will need to visit the UAlbany ID Card Office if money is lost in the UAlbany ID Card terminal. UAlbany ID Card cannot refund money for $1 Podium Value Cards that were purchased in error.
- Rapid Copy Center - Catskill B011. Rapid Copy Center is a fee-based print and photocopy service center. Rapid Copy will also print posters that are larger than standard size (ex. 18”x 24”, 24”x 36” or 36”x 48”).
University Library, first floor
- 2 touch screen scanners
University Library, Innovate Make Create center
- 8 flatbed scanners
- 1 transparency/film/slide/negative scanner
Science Library, First Level SL 152 Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
- Epson GT 2500 flatbed scanner with the workstation near color printer
- touch screen scanner near color printer
- HP 5550 flatbed scanner near microfilm
Dewey Library, main floor
- Epson GT 2500 flatbed scanner with the workstation near microforms
- touch screen scanner (near color printer)
- Epson GT 2500 is also near color printer (not near microforms)
Microfilm/Microfiche Reader/Printers & Scanners
University Library, basement
- Minolta 6000 fiche/film digital reader/scanners
- UScan +
Science Library, First Level, Information Commons/Quiet Study Zone SL 112
- One Minolta 6000 fiche/film digital reader/scanners
Dewey Library, main floor
- UScan +
No charge for digital copy; 5¢ per page to print black and white.