The University Libraries are providing the UAlbany community with access to our physical collections during intersession through a curbside pickup service.
Library users can request materials using the Libraries' search tool. Staff members will pull requested materials and notify users by email when requested items are available for pickup. The email notification will include a link that users can then click to schedule a date and time to pick up materials at the University Library.
Go ahead, save this infographic and keep it handy.
When picking up materials, we ask that users follow these steps for a smooth interaction that maintains the health, safety, and well-being of both our staff and users:
- Users must wear a mask when picking up materials.
- Call library staff (518-442-3569) when you are at the University Library’s entrance doors, give the staff member your name, and let them know that you are picking up materials. The staff member will walk you through the entire pickup procedure while on the phone.
- A library staff member will check out materials to you and bring them to the front door.
- Step back from the door and stand behind the tape line for material pickups.
- The staff member will bring materials out on a cart and return to the library.
- Once the staff member is inside the library, please retrieve your materials from the cart.
We ask that users schedule their pickup appointments at least two hours in advance. If you are returning materials to the library, please remember to use the outdoor book return located in front of the University Library. Please do not place returns on the cart that staff members are using to bring materials to users, and do not hand returns to staff members.