Video Chat Rooms
University Library, LI B29 and LI B30
The Video Chat Rooms are located in the basement of the University Library, inside the Current Periodicals Reading Room.
The rooms are for individual use. The rooms are not soundproof.
Available technology includes:
- Windows PC
- HD Webcam
- Dragon, speech recognition software in LI B29 only
- Google Hangouts
- Skype for Business
- Zoom [client]
Policies for Use:
- The rooms are only available to University at Albany students, faculty, and staff who are eligible registered borrowers of the Library. Courtesy borrowers and borrowers with significant fines are not eligible to use the rooms.
- To access the rooms request the room key at the Innovate Make Create Center Service Desk
- The rooms accommodate one person and may be used for up to three hours per day.
- The rooms may be reserved in advance and may be available on demand.
- Reservations will be held for 15 minutes after reserve start time before being cancelled.
- The fine for a room key returned after due date and time is $15 per hour or any part of the hour.
- Please abide by the University Libraries’ Code of Conduct and the Responsible Use of Information Technology Policy
- University Libraries staff reserve the right to enter the room at any time.
Contact us to reserve a room